Thursday, December 11, 2008

Gemma Arterton

Born January 1986
Gemma Christina Arterton is an English actress. She is best known for her roles as Kelly in St Trinian's and Tess in Tess of the D'Urbervilles. Arterton appeared as MI6 Agent Strawberry Fields in the James Bond film, Quantum of Solace. She will also be playing the role of Tamina in Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.




A few months ago, I was selling make-up. Now I should concentrate on being grateful that I can pay the rent for a while.
~ Gemma Arterton

If you do this big film, it will open the doors for all these other brilliant things. But you have to
do the big film first.
~ Gemma Arterton

It's like the Keira Knightley thing: every
one ridiculed her for doing the Pirates films, but she's getting great parts now.
~ Gemma Arterton

I
think it's difficult for a young girl like me, because there's a certain time for young actresses, which is like a really juicy period when all the parts are love interests and young heroines. Of course, there's always work for men, whatever age they are. So I'm really going to go for it. And if it all goes wrong, I'll go and do panto.
~ Gemma Arterton

I'd love to play Eliza Doolittle in Pygma
lion because the story is so similar to mine. Not that I'm a right Cockney sparrow or anything, but I was a bit less refined a few years ago, ha ha!
~ Gemma Arterton

I actually went to a grammar school
in Gravesend and everyone was intelligent, I was good really. I was the creative one, a bit lippy but not in a bad way, in a silly way. A girl got expelled for sniffing lighter fluid, that was the biggest hoo-hah.
~ Gemma Arterton

Once you've done a big film, more films come your way if you're good. Or even if you're not good. I've got so much stuff coming up, and one of them is incredible. I so want to tell you about it, but if I told you, I'd have to kill you.
~ Gemma Arterton

You don't need to show flesh to get attention. My character is womanly but sophisticated.
~ Gemma Arterton


People think of St Trinian's as the sexualisation of schoolkids, but our film is more about girl power. It's the message we really want to push. I don't think there's a point in the film where the girls aren't in control: they're doing the trampling rather than being trampled on.
~ Gemma Arterton


I felt like a giggly girl, and I felt so young and inexperienced but I kissed James Bond!
~ Gemma Arterton


Arterton won her first professional role (in Stephen Poliakoff's Capturing Mary) while she was still at drama school. Similarly, she made her stage debut as Rosaline in Shakespeare's Love's Labour's Lost at the Globe Theatre, London in July 2007 before graduating later that year.[She made her film debut in the 2007 St Trinian's movie St Trinian's as Head Girl Kelly, a role she gained in competition with Sienna Miller.

In 2008 she appeared in the James Bond film, Quantum of Solace.Chosen from around 1500 candidates, Arterton plays a character called "Strawberry Fields", in what is described as a "nice-sized role".

When it launches in October 2008 she will be the face of Avon's Bond Girl 007 fragrance. Having already started in a series of low-key adverts for cosmetics company Avon, in May 2008 Arterton requested a role opposite model Kate Moss for Rimmel, but was blocked on contractual terms under her Avon contract.

Arterton appears in a number of forthcoming films, and would like to reprise her role in a St Trinians sequel
Height : 5' 7" (1.70 m)
Hair Color : Dark Brown
Eye Color : Green
Zodiac Sign : Capricorn
Race : White
Profession : Actress
Education : Grammar school in Gravesend, Graduated from Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) in 2007
Debut Film : 'St Trinian' (2007 ) as Head Girl Kelly
Boyfriend : John Nolan (Animator)
Sister : Hannah (younger)
Favorite Brand : Louis Vuitton

Claim to Fame : As Bond Girl in 'Quantum of Solace' (2008)

Gemma Arterton Tv Shows
Tv Show : Tess of the D'Urbervilles
Year : 2008
Role : Tess Durbeyfield

Tv Show : Lost in Austen
Year : 2008
Role : Elizabeth Bennet

Tv Show : Entertainment Tonight
Year : 2008
Role : Herself

Tv Show : Capturing Mary
Year : 2007
Role : Liza


No comments:

Post a Comment