Monday, April 13, 2009

Abigail Rose Clancy also known as Abi Clancy or Abbey Clancy

Born 10 January 1986
Abigail Rose Clancy also known as Abi Clancy or Abbey Clancy, is an English lingerie and catwalk model who made headlines during the 2006 FIFA World Cup as the girlfriend of England football star Peter Crouch

"To be honest, I can’t bear looking at a picture of myself that’s just been taken on a camera."

"I’d like to see a picture of myself in other people’s eyes. Because I always think ‘my legs look fat’ or something."

"Take those paparazzi photos of me on the yacht in Ibiza. Everyone else thought they looked lovely – I thought I looked like a pasty beached whale."

"I’d like to not have made some mistakes,” she says. “But
mistakes form part of who you are today, so it’s a fine line. Ultimately I think I’m quite grounded in that I do appreciate what I’ve got."
"I love fashion and I can't do anything that I'm not in love with."


"Just so you know, my preferred type of underwear is girly, lacy and sexy,
but not slutty."
- Abigail Clancy

Abigail Clancy’s catalog of physical attributes reads like a checklist for the ultimate male fantasy. Rock hard abs? Check. Deliciously long legs? Check. Mouthwatering 32C breasts? Check. Subtle 24 inch hips? Check. Take one long lingering look at this 5’9” buxom blonde and you’ll quickly understand why she ranked 37th in FHM’s annual list of the 100 Sexiest Women in the World.

Britain's Next Top Model
In the summer of 2006 the second cycle of Living TV's Britain's Next Top Model hit UK screens and Clancy featured as one of the thirteen finalists in the competition, competing over 10 weeks for a desired modelling contract. Clancy was determined to go far in the competition, however was criticized for being more glamour than high fashion. Clancy made it to the final runway show with fellow contestant Lianna Fowler, at the final judging Clancy lost out to Fowler, who won the judge's hearts by her dedication to the industry. It was during the show, which coincided with the 2006 FIFA World Cup, that her relationship with football star Peter Crouch was revealed. This together with BNTM caused her to make headlines and start a successful media career.

On losing ‘Britain’s Next Top Model’:
“Obviously I’m slightly disappointed, but am really happy for Lianna. I’ve worked with such fantastic photographers/stylists and fashion veterans, so the experience has been invaluable.”

Since appearing on the show Abigail has modelled for Maxim magazine (December 2006), Nuts magazine (November 2006), OK! magazine, GQ magazine (August 2006), The Sun newspaper, the Daily Star newspaper, Sugar magazine, Stars on Sunday magazine and numerous other publications. In 2006, Clancy was the face and body of Pussy Glamore’s winter Lingerie collection alongside Elizabeth Jagger in photos shot by Bryan Adams. She has graced the front cover of FHM magazine three times (December 2006, November 2007 & October 2008) and even been featured in FHM Australia.

In May 2007, Clancy appeared on the front cover of Arena magazine, modelled the Triumph Bonneville Motorbike in the Daily Mail newspaper and was ranked 37th in FHM magazine's Annual 100 sexiest women in the world poll of 2007.

Clancy has appeared as a talking head in the documentaries Slave To Fashion and The Ultimate Bikini Guide for Channel 4, as a guest on programmes such as Richard and Judy, The Chris Moyles Show, Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, GMTV and in her own Reality TV series Abbey and Janice: Beauty and the Best which followed her attempts to break the Los Angeles modelling scene guided by Janice Dickinson who acted as her mentor. The show aired from May 14th to June 18th 2007 on Living TV and also followed her as she walked the runway for Christian Audigier's Ed Hardy fashion line. In 2008 the series aired on the US network Oxygen.

Clancy featured in the third series of the UK edition of Hell's Kitchen. She was the third contestant to be voted off the show by the public, and the 5th to leave overall.

In 2007 and 2008, Clancy has endorsed Euromillons, been seen as the face (and body) of Ultimo Lingerie alongside Sarah Harding and Gemma Atkinson, Matalan Lingerie and Lynx in a major print & Television Advertising campaign and released her first official Calendar for 2008.

On some embarassing pictures of her taking drugs being sold:
“These pictures were taken years ago when I was in a band and I was just sort of; that was around me but I think I was so young and everyone does stupid mistakes, everyone has. But it’s just a shame that it’s been brought out now and people are making money out of my situation which is sad for me and also frustrating cause it’s not just affecting me, it’s affecting me family. I’ve got younger brothers and sisters and it’s not nice.”

Abbey has one burning ambition before wrinkles take hold.
She reveals: “My main goal is to be a Victoria’s Secret lingerie model. Seriously, once I’ve done that I can happily die. But for now I also want to enjoy sitting in my garden and playing with my kittens. So maybe that goal is for next year.”

Where’s your favou
rite shopping destination?
I just came back from South Africa and there was an amazing boutique in Cape Town, called Carnival. They had stuff like matt metallic bikinis. But I
also love shopping in Paris, London and Liverpool.


I have cellulite on my bum.
I do have days when parts of me wobble, but I’m pretty happy with my body. I don’t have to diet or exercise too much.

My downfall is bread.
I could eat a whole loaf. I have a balanced diet otherwise, so if I start to see a double chin appearing, it’s time to cut back on the burgers.

I’m confident, but also very self-critical.
I’m really bad when I’m on a shoot as I notice every flaw.

The three words I use to describe myself are fun, happy and easy-going.
People can say what they want about me, but if they start attacking my friends or family, I’ll definitely have to say something.

Abigail appeared on the cover of Arena magazine in May 2007.
Abigail's favourite music artists are Paolo Nutini and Corrine Bailey Rae.
Abigail's future goals include to model for Victoria's Secret and be on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

Abigail's phobias are getting old, spiders, and heights.
Abigail's dream man is George Clooney.
Abigail's starsign is Capricorn.
Abigail's top style icon is Victoria Beckham.
Abigail was a member of girlband Genie Queen, who were managed by 80s popstar Andy McClusky from OMD.

Birth name Abigail Clancy
Place of birth Liverpool, England
Height 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
Hair color Blonde (dyed)
Eye color Blue
Dress size 6

No comments:

Post a Comment