Emily Irene VanCamp is a Canadian actress born in Port Perry, Ontario. She is best known for her roles as Amy Abbott on the WB Network series Everwood, which ran from 2002 to 2006, and more recently for her role as Rebecca Harper in the ABC network series Brothers & Sisters since 2007.
She moved to Los Angeles in early 2002. Emily VanCamp first appeared in 2000's Canadian television Are You Afraid of the Dark? as the character Peggy Gregory for the two episodes "The Tale of the Silver Sight: Part 2" and "The Tale of the Silver Sight: Part 3." Her next 2000's role was in Jackie Bouvier Kennedy Onassis, in which she played the character of Jackie Bouvier at 13 years of age. She appeared again in 2000 in the television series Radio Active in the episode "Bully for You", portraying the character Becky Sue. In 2001 VanCamp appeared in Lost and Delirious playing Allison Moller. She also appeared in All Souls as Kirstin Caine, Johanna Wilson in Dice and in Glory Days as Sam Dolan.
She appeared in Redeemer as Alana and in The House on Turk Street as Connie. She next appeared as Jen Tyler in A Different Loyalty. She appeared in the short film Rings which bridged the gap between The Ring and The Ring Two in which she reprised her character from the short film. She also appeared in the 2006 film Black Irish as the character Kathleen.
The role for which she is perhaps best known is her character Amy Abbott in the WB Television Network's drama Everwood.
In 2007, VanCamp joined the cast of Touchstone Television’s large ensemble series Brothers & Sisters as a regular late in the season, a move that marks her second teaming with Executive Producer Greg Berlanti (they were previously paired on Everwood). VanCamp's character was introduced as the daughter of the late William Walker (Tom Skerritt) and his secret mistress, Holly Harper (Patricia Wettig), though it is later discovered that this is incorrect through DNA done in 2008.
Emily Irene VanCamp quotes
“At a party, I am the kind of girl who will wait until the end of the night before I really get going. I'm a little anti-social at first, but I'm not immune to dancing on tables either.”
"I don't dig parties. I rather sit at home with my friends and a good movie. Movie night with my girlfriends are the best I know"
"Really good movies come from Spain, and it is my dream to get a role from one of those."
"The spotlight does put pressure on certain aspects of my life. I've given up looking for a boyfriend. That's not to say I won't be intersted if the right guy comes along. But I'm not in a hurry."
"You put the picture of the ideal person in your head and then someone comes along and they don't fit that ideal at all. But somehow there is something about them that is so attractive. Everyone that I have fallen for has not fit that ideal at all. "
-Emily Irene VanCamp
on her idol, Audrey Hepburn
If I could meet anybody in the whole world, dead or alive, it would be Audrey Hepburn. She is my idol. I've been watching her movies since I was a little kid.
on what kind of pet she'd like
My idea of a perfect pet is a really, really big dog! Huge! Unfortunately, I can't have pets right now. There's just not enough time with my schedule. For a while there I thought about getting a cat, but even that seems unfair.
on her love of dance
I've been dancing my entire life. Jazz, hip hop, ballet. And then there's tap dancing. I love to tap. My ultimate dream is to do a musical like Singin' in the Rain
On the emotions needed for her role on Everwood
It's my job to dig down deep and find those parts of you. Everyone has an evil side, everyone has a drug addict in them. That's my job to find those characteristics and make them shine.
On her Everwood co-star Gregory Smith
We hit it off right away. There's really good chemistry between our characters, and he's also become a really good friend of mine. It ends there, though. I don't have a crush on him, although I think everybody should! He's so shy; he's going to love that.
1. "Ben Hur" (2010) TV series .... Esther
2. Norman (2009) .... Emily Parrish
3. Carriers (2009) .... Kate
4. "Brothers & Sisters" .... Rebecca Harper (49 episodes, 2007-2009)
- Mexico (2009) TV episode .... Rebecca Harper
- Let's Call the Whole Thing Off (2009) TV episode .... Rebecca Harper
- Julia (2009) TV episode .... Rebecca Harper
- S3X (2009) TV episode .... Rebecca Harper
- Missing (2009) TV episode .... Rebecca Harper
5. Brothers & Sisters: Family Album (2007) (TV) (also archive footage) .... Rebecca Harper
6. Black Irish (2007) .... Kathleen McKay
7. "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" .... Charlotte Truex (1 episode, 2007)
... aka "Law & Order: SVU" (USA: promotional abbreviation)
... aka "Special Victims Unit" (New Zealand: English title)
- Dependent (2007) TV episode .... Charlotte Truex
8. "Everwood" .... Amy Abbott (89 episodes, 2002-2006)
... aka "Our New Life in Everwood" (UK: new syndication title)
- Foreverwood: Part 1 (2006) TV episode .... Amy Abbott
- Foreverwood: Part 2 (2006) TV episode .... Amy Abbott
- Goodbye, Love (2006) TV episode .... Amy Abbott
- Reckoning (2006) TV episode .... Amy Abbott
- Enjoy the Ride (2006) TV episode .... Amy Abbott
9. The Ring Two (2005) .... Emily
... aka Samara (Hong Kong: English title) (Singapore: English title)
... aka The Ring 2 (International: English title: alternative spelling) (UK)
... aka Samara: Ring 2 (Philippines: English title: informal title)
10. Rings (2005) (V) .... Emily
11. A Different Loyalty (2004) .... Jen Tyler
12. The House on Turk Street (2002) (uncredited) .... Connie
... aka No Good Deed (USA: DVD title)
13. "Glory Days" .... Sam Dolan (9 episodes, 2002)
... aka "Demontown" (UK)
- Clowning Glory (2002) TV episode .... Sam Dolan
- No Guts, No Glory (2002) TV episode .... Sam Dolan
- There Goes the Neighborhood (2002) TV episode .... Sam Dolan
- Everybody Loves Rudy (2002) TV episode .... Sam Dolan
- The Lost Girls (2002) TV episode .... Sam Dolan
14. Redeemer (2002) (TV) .... Alana
15. "Dice" (2001) TV mini-series .... Johanna Wilson
16. "All Souls" .... Kirstin Caine (1 episode, 2001)
- Spineless (2001) TV episode .... Kirstin Caine
17. Lost and Delirious (2001) (as Emily Vancamp) .... Allison Moller
... aka La rage au coeur (Canada: French title)
... aka Rebelles (Canada: French title)
18. "Radio Active" .... Becky Sue Drummond (1 episode, 2000)
- Bully for You (2000) TV episode .... Becky Sue Drummond
19. Jackie Bouvier Kennedy Onassis (2000) (TV) .... Jackie Bouvier - Age 13
20. "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" .... Peggy Gregory (3 episodes, 2000)
- The Tale of the Silver Sight: Part 1 (2000) TV episode (credit only) .... Peggy Gregory
- The Tale of the Silver Sight: Part 2 (2000) TV episode .... Peggy Gregory
- The Tale of the Silver Sight: Part 3 (2000) TV episode (credit only) .... Peggy Gregory
Emily VanCamp Facts
Birthname: Olga Emily VanCamp
Hookups: Chris Pratt,
Hometown: Port Perry, Ontario, Canada
Country of Origin: Canada
Cosmetics: Anything Aveda,
Kiehl's or M.A.C.,
Actors: Kevin Spacey,
Book: A Place Called Freedom by Ken Follett.
Movie: My Fair Lady
Music: Ani DiFranco,
especially the Vanilla Caramel Fudge by Ben & Jerry's.
Outdoor Hobbies: Biking,
Accessories :dainty silver pieces,
especially rings and earrings.
She has three piercings in each ear.