Saturday, March 5, 2011

Mugdha Godse

Born on 7/26/1986
Mugdha Godse is an Indian model and a Femina Miss India 2004 Semi-Finalist. She made her debut in Bollywood with the 2008 film "Fashion".

"Actually when I was shooting for an ad film for a Jewellery Brand, which was being directed by Madhur Bhandarkar, it was at that time Madhurji asked me to be part of his film FASHION and like any newcomer even I was thrilled to be associated with such a high profile director.And I gave my nod for the film"

“I am going to be directed by Rohit who has never put a foot wrong. He is a guy who thinks commercial cinema and knows how to get his audience engaged in theatres. I am sure I will have a blast working in this film. I am also happy to be paired opposite Fardeen Khan and I love that man’s style”.


"He is a legend and I am not the first or the last person to be saying that. No wonder, when you actually come face to face with such a personality, you are bound to be excited and feel blessed. The same happened to me when I met Sachin"

says Mugdha

In 2002, she was the 1st Runner Up at the Gladrags Mega Model Contest and winner of the Miss Body Beautiful contest. At the Ponds Femina Miss India Contest, 2004, she won the Miss Perfect 10.

She has to her credit the Airtel commercial where she shared screen space with Shah Rukh Khan and the Close-Up commercial among the many she has done so far. She has spent over five years in the modelling field, doing press ads, music videos, commercials and walking the runway at national and international ramps. She appears in one of the lead roles in the Hindi film Fashion. The film is directed by Madhur Bhandarkar has Priyanka Chopra, Kangana Ranaut and Arbaaz Khan alongside her.

She refused to work in a French movie, where she was supposed to go topless. Quiz her on it and she says, “Yes, I did get an offer from a French Production House for a film where I was required to go topless, but I am not comfortable doing such scenes. Wearing a bikini is no big deal today for an Indian actress, but I don’t like the idea of going topless. It feels nice to get international offers even before the release of my debut film, but somewhere I felt that I need to draw the line.”

Now that you are a part of the Bollywood bratpack, will Deepika Padukone be your competitor?
Mugdha : I’m my own competition.

Love for Marathi films
The commerce graduate from Pune says that if she gets a good offer, she would also like to work in a Marathi movie. “There has always been a misconception that Marathi models cannot do justice to Marathi cinema, as they are not very well versed with the language. But, I belong to a typical Maharashtrian family and I can speak Marathi well. With better quality of films being made, the Marathi film industry is really booming today,” says she.

Is she aware that Katrina was initially approached for the role that she has been signed on for?
"I have heard about this, but frankly I don't worry about such things. Cliched as it may sound, replacements do happen in the industry. I don't know whether I'm replacing anybody or not. But I'm glad about playing an interesting character," Mugdha chirped.

Can you reveal whether you were comfortable sporting a bikini?
Mugdha : I’m extremely comfortable with my body. Though I bagged the Miss Beautiful Body award in a beauty
contest, I never walked the ramp or did any commercial sporting one. But I was
confident about flaunting the same in the film.

‘Nobody special in my life’
Grapevine has it that she has split with her longtime boyfriend Mithun Purandare. Grill her on it and she says, “Well, I don’t want to comment on it. As of now, I can only say that there is nobody special person in my life. My work is my love.”

With a great body and killer looks, the buzz is that you are hot Bollywood property…
Mugdha : That’s a compliment! It boosts my confidence and I hope I can live up to the expectations.

Contests
  • Participated and Won the Gladrags Mega Model Contest in 2002. Also won the Miss Body beautiful 2002 title.[citation needed]
  • Participated in the Ponds Femina Miss India 2004 contest. Won the Miss Perfect 10 Title.
  • Wills India Fashion Week in 2006.
  • Blenders pride tour 2005
  • Participated in Best Model Of The World 2002. Won award for the best National costume as Miss India.

Music Videos
  • Koka Tera Koka... (Jassi — T-series)
  • Mauja Len De… (Daler Mehndi — T-series)
  • Two Punjabi videos (T-series)
  • Le Kar Hum Deewana Dil... ( Times Music)
  • Chhup Chhup Khade Ho... (Jagdish Mali — Times Music)
  • Jab Chaye Mera Jadoo (With Irfan Pathan — Sony Music)

Television commercials
Wella hair colour
Close–Up
Airtel
Himami Fast Relief
Fiat Palio
Harry's Collection
Symphony Water Cooler
Ashoka food products for Europe
Maggie hot cup
Cup noodles
MTV non-stop hits promo
Star Screen Awards 2005 promo
Lemmu drink commercial for Bangladesh
Nigerian hollando yogurt ad (got into an afro teen look)
Odomos ad
Mkmytrip.com ( USA )
Zoom promo
Zee café promo
Dollar men underwear

Height : 5'8"
Vital Statistics: 34.25.36
Hometown:Pune, India
Sign:Leo
Job:ACTRESS, MODEL
Ethnicity:Asian
Country of Origin:India


No comments:

Post a Comment