Pamela Denise Anderson is a Canadian-born actress, sex symbol, glamour model, producer, author, and celebrity
"There's no way I set out to be a certain kind of symbol -- the way I dress is the way I am, the way I live my life."
- Pamela Anderson
After her move to Los Angeles, Anderson bleached her brunette hair blonde and underwent breast augmentation. In 1991, she landed a minor role as the original "Tool Time girl" on the hit television sitcom, Home Improvement. She left the show after two seasons and landed the role of C. J. Parker on Baywatch. Anderson was still modeling for Outdoor Life and appearing on the cover of the magazine each year. Her role as C.J. Parker gave her more popularity and gained her attention from international viewers. She returned to Baywatch for the 2003 reunion movie, Baywatch: Hawaiian Wedding. She also made appearances on The Nanny as Fran's rival, Heather Biblow.
In April 1997, she guest-hosted Saturday Night Live. During the beginning of the show, Anderson said, "You know, if you're nervous on stage, you actually should be naked!" She then began a striptease. Her breasts, however, were covered by a small flesh-colored bra and she also wore a crotch patch that was also flesh colored (though they were still blurred out for the sake of the joke). The segment became fodder for late-night comedians for the following weeks. She also appeared on one of two covers for the September issue of Playboy; the other cover pictured Jenny McCarthy.
Pamela Anderson is the epitome of sexiness. As a world-famous sex symbol, she sets the standard for the "blonde bombshell." We could point out specific moments when Pamela Anderson has been particularly sexy (i.e. running down the beach in that fire-engine red bathing suit in slow motion as C.J. Parker on Baywatch), but we'd run out of space for describing other aspects of her being. Check out anything she has appeared in if there's any doubt.
In September 1998, Anderson starred in her produced series V.I.P. It was very poorly received and a critical bomb. However, with many people tuning in just to see her, the show lasted four seasons before being canceled in 2002. Anderson stated that she needed to dedicate her time to raising her children, but many believed that she was retiring.
In January 2005, Anderson confessed that she had new bigger breast implants, claiming not to feel like herself without them.
Anderson is a vegetarian, an advocate for animal rights, and an active member of the animal protection organization People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), taking part in several campaigns for animal rights. She became a vegetarian in her early teens when she saw her father slaughtering an animal he had hunted.
One of Anderson's campaigns as a member of PETA has been against the use of fur. In 1999, Anderson received the first Linda McCartney Memorial Award for animal rights protectors, in recognition of her campaign against fur. In 2003, Anderson stripped down for PETA's "I'd Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur" advertising campaign. On June 28, 2006, Anderson posed naked with other protesters on a window display of the Stella McCartney boutique in London, England. It was a PETA gala event before the PETA Humanitarian Awards. Anderson went inside the boutique and said she would take her clothes off if the event raised enough money for PETA, which it did .
She has also actively campaigned against Kentucky Fried Chicken. In 2001, Anderson released a letter in support of PETA's campaign against Kentucky Fried Chicken, stating "What KFC does to 750 million chickens each year is not civilized or acceptable." She later made a video about KFC's treatment of chickens.
Anderson's Playboy career spans approximately two decades (1989-2007). During that time, she has graced twelve of Playboy's covers--more than anyone else. She has also made appearances in the publication's newsstand specials:
* Playboy's Playmate Review Vol. 7 June 1991 - cover.
* Playboy's Nudes December 1991 - cover.
* Playboy's International Playmates January 1992.
* Playboy's Girls of Summer '92 June 1992.
* Playboy's Calendar Playmates November 1992 - cover.
* Playboy's Girls of Summer '93 June 1993 - pages 6-7, 44.
* Playboy's Wet & Wild Women July 1993.
* Playboy's Video Playmates September 1993.
* Playboy's Book of Lingerie Vol. 33 September/October 1993.
* Playboy's Book of Lingerie Vol. 34 November/December 1993.
* Playboy's Book of Lingerie Vol. 35 January 1994.
* Playboy's Book of Lingerie Vol. 36 March 1994.
* Playboy's Playmates in Paradise March 1994 - pages 38-43.
* Playboy's Book of Lingerie Vol. 37 May 1994.
* Playboy's Girls of Summer '94 June 1994.
* Playboy's Book of Lingerie Vol. 38 July 1994.
* Playboy's Nudes November 1994.
* Playboy's Hot Denim Daze May 1995 - page 15.
* Playboy's Nude Celebrities July 1995 - cover.
* Playboy's Pamela Anderson May 1996 - cover.
* Playboy's Nude Celebrities March 1997 - cover.
* Playboy's Sexy 100 February 2003 - cover.
* The Taking of Beverly Hills (1991)
* Snapdragon (1993)
* Raw Justice (1994)
* Naked Souls (1995)
* Barb Wire (1996)
* The Making of Bret Michaels (2002) (documentary)
* Scooby-Doo (2002)
* Pauly Shore Is Dead (2003)
* Scary Movie 3 (2003)
* No Rules (2005)
* Blonde and Blonder (2008)
* Superhero Movie (2008)
* Hollywood & Wine (2009)
Preceded by Peggy McIntaggart
Succeeded by Deborah Driggs
Measurements Bust: 36DDD in (91DDD cm)
Waist: 22 in (56 cm)
Hips: 34 in (86 cm)
Natural bust No
Height 5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)
Weight 105 lb (48 kg/7.5 st)