Monday, February 16, 2009

jiah khan

Born on 20 February 1988
Jiah Khan (Hindi: जीया ख़ान, Urdu: جیا خان) is an Indian film actress who appears in Bollywood movies.

"Too many chocolates give you fats on your body. Apart from sexual enhancer, this is another reason why I avoid eating chocolates."
~ Jiah Khan


Born in New York and raised in Chelsea, London, Jiah Khan is the daughter of Ali Rizvi Khan, an Indian American, and Rabiya Amin, a Hindi film actress in the 1980s from Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India and most remembered in Tahir Hussain's Dulha Bikta Hai. Gia Khan has been rumored to be the daughter of Tahir Hussain and therefore related to Aamir Khan, but she dismissed the story as untrue. Khan has two younger sisters. Though born Nafisa, she changed her name to Jiah after Angelina Jolie's movie GIA.

A sixteen years old Khan was to debut in Mukesh Bhatt's Tumsa Nahin Dekha, but backed out when she felt the role was too mature for her and immediately replaced by Dia Mirza. Two years later in 2006, she debuted in the controversial Nishabd, where she acted opposite Amitabh Bachchan. The film was released on March 2, 2007 to mixed reviews, though Khan was noted for her confidence, attitude, and sex appeal.

She appeared alongside Aamir Khan in A.R. Murugadoss's Ghajini released on 26th Dec 08 which became the highest grossing bollywood film of all time.


Besides acting, Jiah has a passion for singing and has had formal training in classical opera. She knows as many as five different forms of dancing. Even as a 16-yr-old girl, Jiah began dabbling with music and almost came to the point of releasing an album. She knows how to play the piano and she recorded six pop numbers before she ran out of finance. Not just this, Jiah has been consistently learning different styles of dancing for the last nine years. Today she knows belly dancing, salsa, lambada, samba and Kathak.

But acting, Jiah insists, is her first love. Jiah says that she always knew in her mind that she would be an actress someday. She had been trying to get her foot in the Bollywood door for quite some years.

Talikng of Nishabd, Jiah got her lucky break with getting to work with Amitabh.
The film, not based on Vladimir Nabokov’s novel Lolita, has Jiah playing a girl of her own age. She falls in love with a much older man (Amitabh Bachchan). The movie’s shooting was recently completed in a very fast 20-day schedule, although Jiah wished it could have gone forever. She is back in London now. Explaining that her London teachers have been very supportive, she says, "They think the whole thing is amazing and some think it is quite funny. They have been supportive. I am taking A-levels in film studies and literature, so this experience will help a lot. My English literature teacher told me he always thought I would end up going into a Bollywood film.

Jiah Khan feels spoilt after working with Big B
The long legged ravishing Jiah Khan who has successfully stolen the hearts of millions with her first step on the silver screen, claims that she feels spoilt after working with the one of the legendary actor of Indian cinema, Mr. Amitabh Bacchhan. According to sources, Jiah is considered as the hottest and biggest discovery of the year 2007. But the newcomer dares to turn down offers. She has become selective right from the beginning and has turned down the offer from one of the most versatile actors of Bollywood. Jiah claims that “working with Amitabh in my debut film has spoilt me. I would like to work with the best.” It is also heard that she has just signed a new movie with the industry’s biggest star.

Jiah Khan reveals the secret behind her sexuality
When Jiah was asked that what governs her sex appeal, Jiah gave a very unusual reply. She said that she is carried away by ‘sexual jewelry’. It is that wich makes her appear hot and sensational. In the movie Jiah is throughout wearing a long and loose chain in her neck. This chain caused a lot of problems to her but at no cost Jiah was ready to take it off from her neck. In response to question about the secret of the loose chain hanging in the neck, Jiah said "I call this chain' a sexual jewelry'. I do not separate it from me even for a single second. It actually controls my sexuality." Controls sexuality? Isn't it strange that a piece of jewelry works on her sexuality?
"Believe me. It keeps me in touch with the spiritual world also. This chain truly holds significance for me," said Jiah. She added that "In a way, it's a guide of my sexuality and spirituality. I like it when it hangs around my and rolls over my breasts. It touches my back and sometimes waist also."

However when Jiah was asked at for how long would she want to continue with that troublesome ornament in her neck, she replied, “I need this chain at this stage. But I have decided that once I grow mature, I'll get rid of it. May be at the age of 21 or 22. In fact my mother says that once I grow up I won't need it. I will be ready to face the world at the age of 21 or 22 so I have to wear it till then."


Name : Jiah Khan
Birth Name : Nafisa
Sex : Female
Birth place : New York, USA
Profession : Actress
Acting Education : Lee Strasberg, New York
Hobbies : Playing Music (Piano), Dancing (salsa, lambada, samba and Kathak)
Years active : 2007-present
Claim to Fame : Jia in Nishabd
Debut Film : Nishabd


No comments:

Post a Comment